Below are some interesting and little-known facts about some of your teachers at Rugby School. See if you can guess which teacher they belong to: the list of teachers’ names are at the end.
Send your answers to Stella Spens, firstname.lastname@example.org to try and win a prize! Answers will be published during the last week of term. Watch this space, and good luck!
- As a child, I was in an ITV drama, written by William Trevor, and starring Maggie Smith, and filmed on location at Bilton Grange.
- I used to work for AstraZeneca on new drug development.
- I read the news on BBC when I was 10
- I have conducted the Children in Need song twice live on BBC1.
- I am followed by Barack Obama and Britney Spears on Twitter.
- I got told off by Richard Dawkins for asking a stupid question
- My wingspan exceeds my height.
- I nearly drowned in the Nile when I was ten
- I once appeared in a short film alongside the person who created the TV channel ‘Dave’ (whose name is actually Dave, by the way!)
- I spent a year teaching in a Category A, ‘maximum-security’ prison.
- I was once on Iranian television as a belly dancer.
- I am an ex pro beach volleyball player.
- I cycled from Yorktown, Virginia to San Francisco, California (3830 miles) in the summer holiday of my first year of Uni.
- I can speak 5 languages including German
- I kept scrapbooks full of the successes of Liverpool FC throughout the mid 70’s when they were winning the League and European Cup
- I met Stephen King and got his autograph. And yes he is scary.
- I own a 300 year old pub.
- I met my wife in Transylvania during my gap year
- I have scored a hole in one in a golf competition